Click to view more images
A curved stairlift is the optimal choice for spiral staircases or ones with a landing or bend. The 2000 features the tightest track bends in the industry today. Each 2000 is custom built based on your home’s architecture to ensure it fits snugly against your wall and maximizing your staircase’s remaining capacity. If space at the bottom of the staircase is a concern, the seat can be parked upstairs by adding a Powered Hinge Rail that lifts and folds the track away when not in use.
Handicare 2000 Features
- Weight limit: 250 lbs or 300 lbs with heavy duty kit
- Multiple charging points
- Fold-up seat, footrest and armrests save space for other stair users
- Safety sensors immediately stop the lift if anything is detected in its path
- Adjustable seat height ensures the perfect fit for each user
- Manual swivel seat for safer transfer on to and off of the lift
- Move silently and gently with a soft start/stop
- Key switch prevents unauthorized use
- Large, carpeted footrest for more traction
- Manual emergency stop
- Two remote controls
- Retractable seatbelt
- DC plug-in power
- Battery backup in the event of power outage
- Powered Hinged Track: the track can be folded away from the doorway, giving clear access.
- Powered Footrest: with the touch of a button, the footrest automatically folds up. Whether you have difficulty bending or plan to park near the top of the stairs, this safety feature prevents you from manually folding the footrest or keeping it unfolded and causing a potential tripping hazard.
- Body Harness: for those who require extra support and stability as they ride the stairlift, select the Body Harness option.
- Powered Swivel Seat: by simply holding the toggle control toward the landing when you arrive, the seat swivels so you face the landing so you’re exiting toward it rather than getting off the lift sideways.
- Smart Seat: We know the seat on your stairlift isn’t just for sitting. Everyone has a unique set of needs and preferences to ensure they have a comfortable ride, every time. So, we developed the Smart Seat – our most versatile design that offers users an array of options and upgrades.
- Available in 6 leather grain, anti-slip upholstery options including Cocoa, Jade, Ruby, Sand, Sapphire, and Slate.
- Easy to clean, durable and water-resistant
- Adjustable height, width and depth
- Optional arm spacers to ensure the perfect fit for every rider
- Easily upgraded to a powered swivel or attach a body harness
- Perch Seat: Ideal for those with knee or hip flexion problems, the Perch Seat alleviates the need to sit down each time you ride the stairlift. Less deep and higher than a traditional seated system, it allows you to use the stairlift without attaining a fully seated position. Instead, you are almost standing, using the half seat for support. The Perch Seat is also a perfect solution for narrow staircases where standard stairlift seats do not have clearance or knees may collide with the opposite rail’s banister.
- Available in 6 leather grain, anti-slip upholstery options including Cocoa, Jade, Ruby, Sand, Sapphire and Slate.
- Easy to clean, durable and water-resistant
- Style Seat: The Style Seat allows you to combine the 2000 curved track system with optional powered features: folding the footrest after use or swiveling the seat for easier exits. This solution is tailored to your needs and individual staircase, ensuring the best fit possible with a choice of upholstery finishes and colors.
- Available in 3 colors including Cherry Red, Vanilla Beige and Ivory White
- Simplicity Seat: The Simplicity Seat does just that – keeps it simple. When powered options aren’t necessary, the Simplicity Seat goes back to the basics by offering you same the same safety and convenient features you come to expect with Handicare.
- Available in our easy-to-clean vinyl in Sand color
- Manual swivel makes getting on and off the stairlift a breeze
- Fold-up seat, armrests and footrest manually
- Wall to inner seat back: 2.36”
- Seat depth: 15.35 inches
- Minimum folded width to footrest: 12.60 inches
- Minimum open width to edge of footrest: 20.87 inches
- Seat back height: 15.75 inches
- Minimum track intrusion into staircase: 6.30 inches
- 24V DC
- charges on standard household power
- Swivel and lock seat at top landing
- retractable seat belt
- anti-slip footrest
- obstacle sensors
Download the Technical Specifications PDF
Get a free estimate fast!
No solicitations, Violators will be reported and fined
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form. Please make sure you've entered all the required information.
years of combined experience